Sunday, November 20, 2011

Taking time with Christ

The Lord doesn't put all this pressure on me. I put it on me. The Christian walk has been full of "doing" in order to gain approval. (our Internet is down and I am posting this from my phone so excuse the errors.)
A few weeks ago I began to feel the Lord's leading. I began to feel His love and grace all over my life. I thought it was wierd because I wasn't being a superstar christian. I wasn't helping everyone all the time, I had no wisdom to share, and I hadn't really had an opportunity to go to any women's functions. I was simply taking care of my kids, taking care of me for once, and taking care of my husband and home more than ever. I have been leading a very busy home life and pouring into the ones entrusted into my care. I have been getting together 2 or 3 times a week with sisters/friends in our church community. I have felt the Lord's leading at each get together. He is full and rich during that time.
I used to go to every single gathering I heard of. In order to keep God happy, I kept busy. In the last few months I have slowed down considerably. And He has increased rather than decreased. He is meshed within and is present wherever I am! I am happy to drive all over town and even out of town to share Him, but I can be just as content to find Christ at home too.
Right now I am full of joy over the presence of my Lord. He is the life source I need. And when I am in communion with Him, the problems in my life, in my family, and in my church, pale in comparison.
It's much easier to lay my life down in the presence of a King. I had gotten to a place where I couldn't stand myself anymore. Stupid comments others made would get under my skin, and I was holding onto grudges like they were lotto checks. I was so busy trying to be the Body and keep busy, that my heart was becoming filfthy. Being able to relax in Him I have to time and energy to spend with Him.
That's all for now.
Thanks for reading!
Love,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment