Saturday, November 12, 2011

exporing wisdom

Wisdom and insight. They have been on my heart for no particular reason(really, it must be the Lord because I have no inspiration to think or write on wisdom.)
Different kinds of wisdom exists, but mainly human wisdom and wisdom that comes from knowing the Lord. I have been watching the Lord and how he moves in me and others. I know souls that have been blessed with the wisdom of God. I don't feel like I have much, if not any. Maybe I am not mature enough yet?
To be blessed with any wisdom from our heavenly Father seems like a prime opportunity to become arrogant. When the Lord chooses us for anything we run the risk of thinking there is something extra special about ourselves. I know I have felt pride in the past in my own abilities when it was the Lord who was working through me. I can imagine that it's hard to express wisdom and remain humble at the same time. I know Saints who are able to share a large portion of Christ while still remaining extremely humble.
His wisdom can range from knowing when to keep quiet all the way to counseling others. I have opinions, lots of them. That that kind of wisdom is no longer any good. If I ever wonder about the words coming out of my mouth I can line it up to the past... is it in line with what I know about the Lord in the scriptures? Is it in line with wisdom given by the modern day apostles? Am I telling this person what to do, or pointing them to Christ?
Lately I have been exploring earthly marriage as a picture of our heavenly marriage. The church can only love her Bride because He first laid down His life and love for her... then she loved Him in return. In an earthly marriage often the opposite is encouraged, the woman is encouraged to look at herself and see how she can change for the man in hopes that he'll love her back. That's not a picture of Christ and the church. I have seen this play out in my own marriage. As much as I tried to love him, he wasn't hearing it. Then we listened to a teaching from one of our favorite apostles that encouraged Chris to be the life blood of the home, to be the one responsible for change and to pour His love out on us. When that happened, our whole house changed. Our lives changed... because it was a picture of Christ and His bride. Now, if you are reading and disagree, that's okay. But this is not my wisdom. It has come from the Lord through an apostle.
The whole point of me talking about this was that I fought it for years. It didn't line up with my human wisdom. How could put that much responsibility on my husband? How could I let Him be the "head" supplying the life to me and the kids when I was 'just as capable?' The answer was not found in me, but in the words of a dear Sister... we, as the wives, need to lay down our lives and show patience and adoration for our husbands the same way the church does for Christ. This is radically different, even for Saints.
Sometimes the Lord's wisdom is hard to hear. Sometimes it's not popular.
The giver of the Lord's wisdom is almost always met with opposition or jealousy. The Lord won't always choose the same person to give wisdom through. Some insight is meant only for ourselves and not to share(says the blogger who shares everything that sits in my head/heart for more than a minute).
I love you guys. Thanks for reading!
Love,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment