Friday, November 11, 2011

organic church life lessons

Chris and I have been meeting under the headship of Christ in an organic way for 16 months now. It looks nothing at all like I expected. There have been several experiences I would love to blog about, but none have really grabbed me enough to write a whole page. So I am going to make a page about important lessons and revelations Christ has shown me as the Head and as the Body. For those of you not familiar with the lingo: as the Head means Christ as my Saviour and the rule He has over my life. As the body refers to the Christ I find within my Brothers and Sisters.
Number one: I am a new christian again and will be considered "new" for the first 15 years of meeting this way. There are ranks in every community setting, especially ones that involve religion. Just look at the modern day pastoral office. In organic church there aren't ranks. There is 'new' and 'not new.' When I first started meeting with this group I was so hungry for Christ. I didn't take it for granted the way I do sometimes now. In my new-ness I looked upon the Saints that had been meeting this way for 9 months as super-Saints. I thought that when I got to that point, I would know it all. It hit me the other day that I am a newbie and will be for a long time. And I am a-okay with that.
Number two: I am suspicious of those who claim to walk with Christ, but don't offer Him... or worse, offer something other than Him. As long as someone was Christian I soaked in every word he or she offered. Unfortunately, I was not given the gift of giving advice. I have rarely felt the Lord give advice through me. And anyone who knows me knows that I do not offer up any of my own advice. Even my best human wisdom is flawed. I am aware of just how little I know. Anytime I think I know enough to tell another what to do, I am probably wrong. I have been on the receiving end of human wisdom and the Lord used the experiences to teach me to listen to Him only(that includes Him in others too.)
Number three: God uses all things for good. Even what I think is stupid. Even when I feel like we're wasting time or making mistakes... He uses that. Sometimes I have wondered if maybe I am lacking a little Christ in me. I feel that Christ as the body gets stale or a little boring. A few weeks ago it hit me that IT'S NOT ABOUT ME. It may be boring to me. I may not "sense" the Holy Spirit at certain functions or meetings, but that doesn't mean that His will isn't being done. There are those that need to do whatever it is we are doing and we all need to support each other.
Number four: I am so aware that I don't know anything that by the time I hit "publish" I know that the Lord will reveal where I was wrong on all 4 points.
Thanks for reading!
Love,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment