Sunday, March 6, 2011

blue skies ahead

For the last nine days I have forgone my opiod pain medicine. I wrote on day 5 that the process was going smooth and that it wasn't too bad. I see now that I was simply entering my very, very long and painful detox, not coming out of it. On day 7 all hell broke loose and those familiar feelings of dysphoria and death swept over me in wave after wave. What the h*ll did my doctor have me on that the withdrawal just gets started after a week??!!
Thank God for two things, the support of those that want me to succeed and herb teas.
As tempting as it has been to administer some medicinal relief, knowing that I have so many that are pulling for me to get through this, has helped. Sometimes the support of my friends/family is the ONLY thing keeping me from giving up.
I have been reading blogs of others that have taken this path before me and I can't get any real clear cut answers as to how long this should take... most folks give up at around days 9, 10, 11. Because this is the pivitol moment. The strength to continue is no longer there, but the pain and anxiety still are. I did come across one inspirational thread and the woman began feeling noticably better after 2 weeks. So 2 weeks is my goal now. I just have to make it 5 more days and then it will be easier. Because someone somewhere said so. I will cling to anything at this point.
I know the Lord is with me, but unfortuately it doesn't help one bit while in the pain of withdrawal. At this point the Lord isn't taking this away. The only thing that will is more medicine.
Sorry I couldn't be more :). Just wanted to write.
Love,
Jackie

2 comments:

  1. Precious Sister in Jesus,

    You don't ever have to apologize for not being more. Christ is everything. It is good to see that even though you are not "feeling" the Lord's help that you are still knowing He is there.

    May you know Him even more in and through this. We love you and are with you.

    Yours,

    Tobias & Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Jackie. I can only imagine how hard this is for you and what you are going through, and despite what feelings say, I am praising God knowing He is in the midst of this with you, never leaving, never forsaking. Love you Sister!

    ReplyDelete