Tuesday, July 26, 2011

truly coming to the end of myself

Something amazing is happening... Christ is being magnified in everything on earth. Everything I see, do, and listen to cries out for Him. Christ is just too big to ever describe in a blog, book, or even a lifetime, so I will focus on His amazing mercy in this one.
I always thought that the God of the old testament was too good and too perfect to show mercy. He is perfection so how can He lower Himself to do something such as forgive? Well, first I am coming to see that Christ is one with His Father. So the fact that the mystery was not even revealed yet in the old testament means nothing. Christ was Christ before He was even born. We had forgiveness and reconciliation. Those two things have been wrapped up in Him before we were brought to life.
Second, the nature of our Lord is Love. Love sets the standard for perfection. God is Love and Love is God. And who is Love not to forgive?
Often times in my past I assumed that it was the Lord condemning me when in fact I was condemning myself. Christ, Perfect Love, has hidden me inside of Himself.
There have been a lot of things weighing heavy on my heart lately. Things that in the earthly life are serious, but to the Lord are very small.
Now, I had always been taught that my problems are very important to the Lord. No prayer is too small. The Lord will hear and answer my prayers...
Hogwash. Christ is the answer to prayer. He Himself has said that He is the way to forgiveness, life, and the Father. Not a prayer of salvation, not a daily bible reading or prayer, and not even a Sunday service. Jesus Christ has given us Himself and He is enough.
In beholding Him and recognizing the heavenly places that we are seating with Him in right now, I understand that my problems are but an illusion. Christ is a reality and this life is the shadow.
I have heard things like this said before, but thought that it didn't change anything. I still have pain, grief, and need help. So I prayed for help for them. Sometimes the problems went away and sometimes they didn't. Then this shift in mercy came.
Christ becomes everything. And the problems are kinda' there, but kinda' not. Next to Christ's glory and splendor, the problems are small enough to vanish. They are still there in the earthly sense, except that now I am next to Him and so they are insignificant. The only time the physical pain and other issues become important is when I forget who I am and where I am seated.
So I no longer "pray for" anything other than Christ. Jesus is the answer to every single question, prayer, and problem on heaven and earth so why pray for anything other than Him.
Thanks for letting me share,
Jackie

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this! I used a portion of it on one of my blog entries...hope you don't mind. :) It's at http://www.heatherproctor.net/blog/2011/7/28/more-than-skinny.html
    if you want to see it.

    ReplyDelete